Saturday 22 September 2012

Summer is Over, Time to Get Back to Business...

I told you I would make it to Brighton one day


So, all my grands plans for the summer didn't quite some to fruition. I did kind of fall in love with the idea of a Short Story Summer but I'm going to use the excuse of a double onslaught of mother AND mother-in-law visits that put paid to my blogging plans over the last couple of months.
And the little matter of a minor reading slump over the last few weeks. I'm not quite sure what happening but my ability to concentrate of pretty much anything has gone out of the window recently. Hopefully this is very much a short term thing and I will be back in the land of the bookish quick sharpish.

And, of course, I had some well-earned family time to be getting on with an enjoying. Which I did. With bells on.

BUT, from this week and going onwards I am going to do my darndest to do pretty much everything I've been putting off recently. So that's picking up books and reading more than a few sentences at a time, sitting in front of my laptop without having a monumental faff and generally being a bit less crap at stuff.

This is the plan...

So, enough about me, how was your summer?

3 comments:

  1. Reading slumps are the worst! Glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a wonderful summer, although I haven't had time of work...I tend to take my annual leave in Autumn, so I'm looking forward to next month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel a bit the same way with reading at the moment, I haven't read more than a few pages this week! I hope you get some reading done :)

    And we're in spring here now but today it feels like summer, it's at least 34C!

    ReplyDelete